Giving and receiving feedback

Tuesday August 16th, 2022
Giving and receiving feedback

Giving and receiving feedback

We grow and improve by receiving feedback. It is very important if we want to develop in business and life. We can’t improve without it. Sometimes we give feedback to ourselves by monitoring others, other times we receive feedback from them.

But it often happens that people experience pain from receiving feedback from other people, especially from their leaders. And also, it happens that we feel pain when we compare ourselves with others which is another type of getting feedback. Usually, this is due to 2 reasons:

  • Instead of feedback, we receive criticism from others, but even we could be very critical of ourselves. Did you experience this?
  • We are hurt in the past and we have not healed our pain yet.

If you get sad, feel hurt, or even cry from feedback, the solution here is to heal your pain because if you do it, whatever criticism you receive, it will not touch you anymore and you can choose your response to it – to accept it or not. But you will remain calm. And also, you can start learning how to be gentler to yourselves instead of being so critical.

If you are a leader, it is good to reconsider the way you give feedback, because it impacts people’s life and performance. You can learn some useful guidelines about how to give constructive feedback, but it is good if you also take into consideration that:

  • According to neurosciences, the words and structure of the sentences represent only 7% of the total communication. The other 93% correlates to our body poster, tone, and the energy we radiate while communicating with others. This is also valid about giving feedback.

Here are some tips on how to improve the way you give feedback:

  • focus on 2 things that the person is doing well,
  • then talk about one area for improvement – how it could be better.

This is the way that we can give better feedback to ourselves too.

If you feel that you need to work on improving your physiology, tone, and energy, and to learn more approaches for giving constructive feedback, or you feel you need some healing for receiving feedback in a calm way, connect with me. I would love to support you in this process and help you make a fast change.

Have a great day everyone.


NLP somatic coach

Business, Leadership, and Life Balance Coach and Trainer

What else would you like to learn about this topic? What are your challenges that you want to address? Please ask your questions or write your comments here. I will answer you within two working days.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Въведете сумата 2+2 =